TREE COLLECTION: Special Service | Public Spaces
The City of West Des Moines will be conducting a special collection for tree branches that sustained damage from the massive winter storm event encountered on December 20th. The instructions are as follows:
- Residents who receive solid waste service under the City's solid waste program will be eligible for this special collection.
- Crews will be chipping branches up to 8 inches in diameter.
- Tree branches should be no longer than 8 feet in length
- Branches are to be placed on the public right-of-way parallel to the curb.
- Tree debris 8 inches or larger that cannot be chipped will need to be handled by private tree contractors and/or the resident.
- Small branches and other tree debris should be bagged or bundled and handled through Metro Waste Authority's Compost-It program which will run through January 11th.
- This special tree branch chipping program will only be for tree limbs that were damaged by the storm.
- Tree branches generated from the incidental trimming of trees will not be eligible for collection.
- The special tree branch collection program will be on a call in basis only.
- Residents must call Public Works at 222-3480 to schedule a collection.
- When calling in residents will be provided a specific date for collection.
- Residents are advised not to place branches out on the public right-of-way until 24 hours prior to their scheduled collection.
- Public Works staff will make every effort to adhere to schedules but in the event of an unforeseen winter storm there could be the possibility of some delays.
This service is available until February 20th.