CHIMNEY FIRE: West Des Moines Home Damaged | News
West Des Moines fire crews say nobody was injured in a house fire Friday morning.
Crews were called to 6220 Ashworth a little before 4:30 a.m.
When firefighters got to the scene, they saw smoke and fire near the home’s chimney, and someone on top of the roof trying to put out the flames with a garden hose.
Firefighters say the fire was quickly brought under control.
Fire investigators say the family had a fire burning in the fireplace during the night, and they think the fire started in the chimney.
Damage to the home is estimated at $50,000.