SPRING CLEAN: Large Household Item Disposal | Environment
Spring clean-up for West Des Moines residents is scheduled on regular garbage pick-up days during the first full week of June.
Collection days are organized for residents to dispose of large household items.
All items should be on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on residents’ scheduled Spring Clean-Up day. All smaller items must be bagged or boxed.
The following items will not be accepted:
• Vehicles and/or major auto parts.
• Buildings, major building parts, or large piles of building material.
• Concrete chunks (ALL SIZES).
• Asphalt shingles over 65 lbs. in total weight.
• Banned substances such as
o waste oil
o explosive material
o medical waste
o highly combustible material
o any other toxic or hazardous substance
• Animal Carcasses.
The following appliances will not be accepted during Spring Clean-Up:
• Air Conditioners
• Water Heaters
To arrange for a pickup of any of these appliances, residents may call Waste Connections at 265-7374,